15 hours/week (Flexible)
Full-time interns (serving more than 20 hour per week) serve a minimum of one semester. Part-time (serving up to 20 hours per week) serve a minimum of two semesters.
This position is closed for spring 2017, but WRD is taking applications for this position for summer 2017.
A Volunteer Coordinator & Church Engagement Specialist
This intern is in charge of maintaining the website, social media tools and newsletters, using each outlet to engage the community. Social Media is used to mobilize volunteers, increase prayer support, advocate for the refugee community educate fans and followers, etc. This intern would be able to work independently often and be given a lot of freedom in web design and campaigns. A background or experience in journalism and/or graphic design is helpful but not imperative.
- Keep the website, run by Drupal, updated with events, stories, and information. This includes being creative with photographs, layouts, etc.
- Keep track of Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest accounts. Each week, setup the Hootsuite account to post to Facebook and Twitter.
- Use Facebook and Twitter to create dialogue with volunteers and engage with the community.
- Communicate with World Relief office to use social media for their donation/volunteer needs.
- Compose and send monthly newsletters via email with information, upcoming events, volunteer needs and prayer support. The intern has freedom to change layouts and redesign the newsletter as well.
- Take and compile photographs and videos for the organization.