WRD is excited to offer internships to those seeking further involvement with our organization. In our work, we hope to engage students, graduate students, recent graduates, or anyone who is passionate about the local Church and the refugee community. This unique opportunity will allow interns to gain global, local and professional experience, while also contributing to an organization focused on serving the most vulnerable in our community.
The following positions are available:
While we offer specialized internships within a department, applicants apply to a general department first, and discuss position fit and availability pending an interview. Interns are only considered for positions within one department at a time. If you do not receive an internship within the department of your choice, WRD might consider you for a position in another department, if it interests you.
Open Positions that start in Fall 2017:
Refugee Resettlement Internships:
Volunteer Coordination & Church Engagement Internships:
Deadlines and Logistics:
- Part-time interns (serving up to 20 hours per week) serve a minimum of two semesters (usually spring to summer, summer to fall, or fall to spring). Full-time interns (serving more than 20 hours per week) serve a minimum of one semester (either spring, summer or fall). Spring internships start in January, summer internships start in May and fall internships start in August.
- Note that all internships are unpaid, but WRD can provide oversight for interns to receive course credit. For questions, contact Zach at email@example.com.
For internships starting in fall 2017:
- Application Deadline: On a rolling basis.
- Internship start and end dates: Tuesday, August 15, 2017, through Friday, April 27, 2018 (interns serving full-time in fall 2017 would finish their internship Friday, December 8, 2017).
For internships starting Spring 2018:
- Application Deadline: Monday November 6, 2017, at 9 a.m.
- Interview Notifications: Applicants who receive an interview will hear back by 5 p.m. Friday, November 10, 2017.
- Internship Interviews: Interviews will be conducted at the WRD office between Monday, November 13, 2017, and December 1, 2017. Interviews last no more than one hour and occur between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Internship Acceptances: Applicants who are interviewed will be contacted by WRD by 5 p.m., Friday, December 8th, 2017, with a decision.
- Mandatory Training: Accepted interns are to attend training on Tuesday, January, 16th from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the WRD office.
- Intern Kick-Off Event: Accepted interns join other interns, past interns and WRD staff during this time of fellowship on Wednesday, January 17th, 2018 from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. (location TBD)
- Internship start and end dates: Tuesday, January 16, 2018, through Friday, July 27, 2018 (interns serving full-time in spring 2018 would finish their internship Friday, April 27, 2018).
NOTE: WRD recognizes that applicants' schedules vary, and is able to be flexible in certain situations regarding trainings and start/end dates.
General Internship Requirements for Applicants: