WRD is excited to offer internships to those seeking further involvement with our organization. In our work, we hope to engage students, graduate students, recent graduates, or anyone who is passionate about the local Church and the refugee community. This unique opportunity will allow interns to gain global, local and professional experience, while also contributing to an organization focused on serving the most vulnerable in our community.
The following positions are available:
While we offer specialized internships within a department, applicants apply to a general department first, and discuss position fit and availability pending an interview. Interns are only considered for positions within one department at a time. If you do not receive an internship within the department of your choice, WRD might consider you for a position in another department, if it interests you.
Open Positions that start in Fall 2018:
Refugee Resettlement Internships:
Volunteer Coordination & Church Engagement Internships:
Deadlines and Logistics:
Part-time interns (serving up to 20 hours per week) serve a minimum of two semesters (usually spring to summer, summer to fall, or fall to spring). Full-time interns (serving more than 20 hours per week) serve a minimum of one semester (either spring, summer or fall). Spring internships start in January, summer internships start in May and fall internships start in August.
Note that all internships are unpaid, but WRD can provide oversight for interns to receive course credit. For questions, contact Zach at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For internships starting in Spring of 2019:
- Application Deadline: Monday, November 5th, 2018 at 9 a.m.
- Internship Interviews: Interviews will be conducted at the WRD office between Monday, November 5th, 2018 and Friday, December 7th, 2018. Interviews last no more than one hour and occur between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Internship Acceptances: Applicants who are interviewed will be contacted by WRD by 5 p.m., Monday, December 10th, 2018, with a decision.
- Mandatory Training: Accepted interns are to attend training on Monday, January, 7th 2018 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the WRD office.
- Internship start and end dates: Monday, January 7th, 2018, through Friday, May 10th, 2018.
For internships starting in Fall of 2018:
- Application Deadline: Monday, June 4th, 2018 at 9 a.m.
- Internship Interviews: WRD will contact selected applicants with an invitation to interview. Interviews will be conducted at the WRD office between Monday, Jun 11th, 2018 and Friday, June 29th, 2018. Interviews last no more than one hour and occur between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Internship Acceptances: All applicants who applied for an internship will be contacted by WRD by 5 p.m., Friday, June 29th, 2018, with a decision announcement
- Mandatory Training: Accepted interns are to attend training on Monday, August 13th, 2018 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the WRD office.
- Intern Kick-Off Event: Accepted interns join other interns and WRD staff to get to know each other on Monday August 13th, 2018 from 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. (location TBD)
- Internship start and end dates: Monday, August 13th, 2018, through Friday, August 3rd, 2018.
NOTE: WRD recognizes that applicants' schedules vary, and is able to be flexible in certain situations regarding training and start/end dates.
General Internship Requirements for Applicants: