What is Integral Mission?
- The balance and fusion of word and deed.
- The basic idea behind World Relief Durham's service to the vulnerable.
What does integral mission look like practically?
As believers and followers of Jesus Christ, we are called to make Jesus’ name famous – this is done both through our words and through our actions. At World Relief Durham, we aim to share Jesus’s good news by caring for newly arrived refugees (the strangers that Jesus speaks of in Matthew 25) through the service and action of providing them with stability and eventually, self-sufficiency. We desire to extravagantly love others so they will ask, “Why are you this way?” We also remember that salvation belongs to the Lord, and it’s his Spirit that moves in the hearts of men, women and children.
Why is practicing integral mission important?
- Empowers the local Church to carry out its calling in word and deed through best practice models of development that integrate scripture, discipleship and Church planting.
- Increases spiritual, social and economic impact to the most vulnerable.
- Deepens World Relief’s constituency base with those who care deeply about integrating evangelism, Church planning and Church growth with relief and development.
(Note: parts paraphrased from World Relief Minnesota)