15-20 hours/week (times and days are flexible) for two semesters
Immigration Legal Services Program Manager
The Immigration Legal Services (ILS) Community Engagement Intern will serve as support to the Immigration Legal Services Program Manager in organizing and managing community outreach events and legal workshops in the Triangle.
This intern must be organized, be skilled at project juggling and prioritization, and be a clear communicator. He or she is welcome to suggest ideas for projects and systems, and must be a self-starter, possessing skills in both independent and team work. Cross-cultural experience working with immigrants or international populations is recommended. The intern must be able to read, write, and speak in Spanish and English and be comfortable speaking in front of a crowd. He or she must have flexibility for occasionally attending or hosting events on weeknights or weekends.
This internship will increase an intern’s knowledge of non-profit operation, time management and task prioritization, immigration, and community engagement.
· Create and implement community engagement strategies and goals alongside ILS Program Staff
· Prepare resources and materials for local community presentations
· Attend and/or help host local advocacy and outreach events
· Present information about the ILS Program to local ESL and Citizenship classes
· Plan community ILS events such as application workshops or general immigration presentations
· Collect and report demographic data from ILS events
· Stay informed about changes in immigration policy for advocacy and outreach efforts
· Develop bilingual (English and Spanish) ILS promotional materials and resources