Immigration Legal Services (ILS) Community Engagement Intern
15-20 hours/week (times and days are flexible) for two semesters
Immigration Legal Services Program Manager
The Immigration Legal Services (ILS) Community Engagement Intern will serve as support to the Immigration Legal Services Program Manager in organizing and managing community outreach events and legal workshops in the Triangle.
This intern must be organized, be skilled at project juggling and prioritization, and be a clear communicator. He or she is welcome to suggest ideas for projects and systems, and must be a self-starter, possessing skills in both independent and team work. Cross-cultural experience working with immigrants or international populations is recommended. The intern must be able to read, write, and speak in Spanish and English.
This internship will increase an intern’s knowledge of non-profit operation, time management and task prioritization, immigration, and community engagement.
- Creating and implement community engagement strategies and goals alongside ILS Program Staff
- Assist in preparations for meetings with churches and key community partners; attend meetings
- Help plan community ILS events such as application workshops or general immigration presentations
- Collect and report demographic data from ILS events
- Attend local advocacy outreach events
- Develop bilingual (English and Spanish) promotional materials and resources for ILS program
- Assist in updating online tools and resources