Immigration Legal Services (ILS) Case Support Intern
15-20 hours/week (times and days are flexible) for two semesters
Immigration Legal Services Program Manager
The Immigration Legal Services (ILS) Case Support Intern will serve as a key support team member to the Immigration Legal Services Program Manager in organizing case files, answering client inquiries, and keeping up-to-date with changes in immigration law.
This intern must be organized, be skilled at project juggling and prioritization, and be a clear communicator. He or she is welcome to suggest ideas for projects and systems, and must be a self-starter, possessing skills in both independent and team work. This intern must have experience in using Microsoft Office. Cross-cultural experience working with immigrants or international populations is recommended.
Please note that this internship is an opportunity to be introduced to immigration law for those who are planning to pursue a legal career. Individuals who are not an attorney or a Department of Justice accredited representative will not be providing any immigration legal advice. Applicants for this internship must be enrolled in law school or attending a four-year university and looking to apply to law school in the future. Bilingual applicants (English-Spanish) are preferred.
- Answer client inquiries and contact clients with case status updates
- Schedule client appointments for the legal representative(s)
- Ensure that copies of all relevant applications and documents are placed in the client’s file
- Under the supervision of the ILS Program Manager, assist in preparing application packets after a client has provided all required documentation
- Input case-related information into the client database and prepare case summaries, as needed
- Ensure that all client documents and case notes are electronically on the case management database
- Assist the ILS Program Manager in updating office policies and procedures to ensure the best quality of service for all immigrants and their families