World Relief Durham is excited to offer internships to those seeking further involvement with our organization. We hope to engage college students–including graduate students–and recent graduates with World Relief Durham’s local work. This unique opportunity will allow interns to gain global, local and professional experience, while also contributing to an organization focused on serving the most vulnerable in our community.
Summer 2013 Internship Positions:
Our application for Summer 2013 internships closed Thursday, April 25. Thank you to all who applied!
Fall 2013 Internship Positions:
We will announce fall 2013 internships in June and applications will be due in late July/early August. Specific dates are TBA.
Available internships could potentially include:
Deadlines and Logistics:
- The application process involves the completion of a resume and a cover letter, which
- We are able to provide oversight and fill out forms necessary for you to receive academic credit for your internship. However, our internships are unpaid.
General intern requirements:
- Must be willing to work a minimum of eight or ten (depending on the internship) hours per week; reliability and consistency is essential
- Flexibility, strong organizational skills and ability to work independently
- Enthusiasm for empowering others and working in a multi-cultural setting
- Access to car, as client transportation is part of service delivery (valid driver’s license and insurance also required)
- Willingness to work in clients’ homes and spend time in medical provider facilities (for some positions).