WRD is excited to offer internships to those seeking further involvement with our organization. In our work, we hope to engage students, graduate students, recent graduates, or anyone who is passionate about the local Church and the refugee community. This unique opportunity will allow interns to gain global, local and professional experience, while also contributing to an organization focused on serving the most vulnerable in our community.
The following positions are available:
While we offer specialized internships within a department, applicants apply to a general department first, and discuss position fit and availability pending an interview. Interns are only considered for positions within one department at a time. If you do not receive an internship within the department of your choice, WRD might consider you for a position in another department, if that interests you.
Open Positions that start in Summer 2017:
Refugee Resettlement Internships:
Volunteer Coordination & Church Engagement Internships:
Deadlines and Logistics:
- Typically, WRD interns start on a semester basis (August, January, and May), whether or not they are students. Should a position remain unfilled, WRD may accept intern applications on a rolling basis outside the normal semester start time.
- Part-time interns (serving up to 20 hours per week) serve a minimum of two semesters (usually spring to summer, summer to fall, or fall to spring). Full-time interns (serving more than 20 hours per week) serve a minimum of one semester (either spring, summer or fall). Spring internships start in January, summer internships start in May and fall internships start in August.
- Note that all internships are unpaid, but WRD can provide oversight for interns to receive course credit. For questions, contact Kaylee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For internships starting in summer 2017:
- Application Deadline: Monday, March 27, 2017, at 9 a.m.
- Interview Notifications: Applicants who receive an interview will hear back by 5 p.m. Friday, March 31, 2017.
- Internship Interviews: Interviews will be conducted at the WRD office between Monday, April 3, 2017, and Friday, April 7, 2017. Interviews last no more than one hour and occur between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Internship Acceptances: Applicants who are interviewed will be contacted by WRD by 5 p.m., Friday, April 14, 2017, with a decision.
- Mandatory Training: Accepted interns are to attend training on Monday, May 8, 2017, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the WRD office.
- Intern Kick-Off Event: Accepted interns join other interns, past interns and WRD staff during this time of fellowship on Wednesday, April 26, 2017, from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. (location TBD)
- Internship start and end dates: Tuesday, May 9, 2017, through Friday, December 8, 2017 (interns serving full-time in summer 2017 would finish their internship Friday, August 18, 2017).
NOTE: WRD recognizes that applicants' schedules vary, and is able to be flexible in certain situations regarding trainings and start/end dates.
General Internship Requirements for Applicants: